Thursdays at 3:00PM, in
- October 4,
- Jeanne Clelland, U.C. Boulder
Backlund transformations of hyperbolic Monge-Ampere equations.
- October 5, (Special Friday meeting - 2:00PM - Eck 206)
- Laura DeMarco, Harvard
Dynamics of rational maps: Lyapunov exponents,
bifurcations, and metrics on the sphere.
- October 11, (Special joint meeting with Algebraic Topology Seminar - Eck 203)
- Igor Kriz, U. Michigan
Elliptic cohomology and moonshine.
- October 18,
- John Roe, Penn. State
Group actions and contorted cones.
- October 25,
- Andrzej Zuk, U. Chicago
On the Cheeger constant for the arithmetic surfaces.
- November 1,
- Benson Farb, U. Chicago
Automorphisms of the Torelli group.
- November 8,
- Nicolas Monod, U. Chicago
Rigidity of measure equivalence.
- November 13, (Special Tuesday meeting - 3:00PM -Eck 308)
- Yitwah Cheung, Northwestern
Fractal dimension of the set of divergent trajectories.
- November 15,
- Rich Schwartz, U. Maryland
Hyperbolic structures on the complements of selected fractals.
- November 20 (Special Tuesday meeting - 3:00PM - Eck 202)
- David Fisher, Yale
Geometric lattice actions, entropy and fundamental groups.
- November 29,
- Vadim Kaloshin, MIT
Diophantine properties of elements of SO(3).
- December 6, new time: 2:30PM, Eck 308
- Gregory Soifer, Bar-Ilan
Affine crystallographic groups leaving a quadratic form of a signature
For questions, contact