Papers by Amie Wilkinson
Click after the title to see the paper (requires a dvi, ps
or pdf viewer). All papers listed are also available in hard copy
NOTE: Figures appear only in the ps and pdf files.
- Mechanisms for chaos
August, 2019 preprint (28 pages).
(Notes for a lecture at VIASM )
- Symplectomorphisms with positive metric entropy
(with A. Avila and
April, 2020 preprint (revision of March, 2019 preprint) (21 pages).
- Calculating the ★ connection.
(with K. Burns,
C. Matheus and
H. Masur ).
May, 2016 preprint (14 pages).
This paper is a supplement to our paper "Rates of mixing for the Weil-Petersson geodesic flow: Exponential mixing in exceptional moduli spaces": it contains the calculations
justifying the statements of Lemma 4.8 and Proposition 4.10.
- What are Lyapunov exponents, and why are they interesting?
Bulletin of the AMS 54 (2017), 79--105.
This article is based on notes for a lecture I gave for the Current Events Bulletin
at the Joint Meetings in Seattle, January 2016.
- Lectures on marked length spectrum rigidity
Geometric group theory, IAS/Park City Math. Ser., 21 , (2014) 283--324.
- Conservative partially hyperbolic dynamics
Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians. Volume III, 1816--1836 (2010).
- The cohomological equation for partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms
Asterisque , 358 (2013) 75--165.
- Transitive partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms on 3-manifolds (Revised October, 2004).
Topology 44 (2005), no. 3, 475--508.
- Stable ergodicity of the time-one map of a geodesic flow.dvi
Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, May 1995.
Erg. Th. Dyn. Syst. 18 No. 6 (1998) 1545-1588
- When an infinitely-renormalizable endomorphism of the interval can
be smoothed. dvi
(with C. Tresser ). Fractals 3, No.4 (1995), pp.701-711.
- Circuits in Cayley digraphs of finite abelian groups.
J. Graph Theory 14, No.1 (1990), pp.111-116.
- A note on stable holonomy between centers. (preliminary version.)
(with K. Burns)
June, 2005 preprint. (11 pages).
Note: This paper contains errors that have been rectified in a paper by Aaron Brown, which also contains more general results.
- Better center bunching
(with K. Burns)
February, 2005 preprint. (35 pages).
- A stably Bernoullian diffeomorphism that is not Anosov
(with M. Shub). 1998 IHES Preprint.